Spaceballs: The Animated Series is an animated television show aired on America's G4 channel and Canada's Super Channel. It is based on the movie Spaceballs. The show is produced by Brooksfilms, Mel Brooks' production company, through MGM Studios. Only three of the movie's cast members reprised their roles for this show: Mel Brooks (President Skroob and Yogurt), Daphne Zuniga (Princess Vespa), and Joan Rivers (the voice of Dot Matrix).
The show retains the same original sci fi bits from the movie, and adds references to other movies, TV shows, video games, and the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Occasionally the show repeats bits from the movie such as an alien bursting out of a man's stomach, Snotty, and Pizza the Hutt.
- "Revenge of the Sithee"
- "Grand Theft Starship"
- "Lord of the Onion Rings"
- "Watch Your Assic Park"
- "Hairy Putter and the Gopher of Fire"
- "The Mighty Meteor"
- "Spaceballs of the Carribean"
- "The Skroobinator"
- "Deep Ship"
- "Druidian Idol"
The series premiere in North America was delayed due to unknown reasons, but the series aired on Canada's Super Channel before then. In 2008, it premiered on G4, following an airing of the classic movie. The series ran for one season before its cancellation.
Differences from the film
- President Skroob is president of Planet Moron, instead of Planet Spaceball. Dark Helmet, confusingly, is still called a Spaceball.
- The upside and the downside of The Schwartz are called the bright side and the Schwartz side.
- Lone Starr and Princess Vespa married in the movie, but in the series, they appear to be only dating, as Vespa refuses his proposal in "Lord of The Onion Rings."